SLB Board Members and Softwood Lumber industry have taken the time to share their thoughts on the assessment increase and reflect on the SLB's impact in the industry.
Through our investments in codes, communications, conversions, and innovation, we’re creating demand for softwood lumber products in a measurable way. 2019 was another outstanding year, thanks to the dedication, talent, and hard work of the professionals who work for the SLB and its funded programs.
Highlights from 2019 include:
- 1,539 projects were converted from steel or concrete to wood, thanks to the collective effort of SLB-funded programs and initiatives.
- SLB-funded programs and initiatives generated 1.449 billion board feet (bbf) of incremental softwood lumber demand, 14% over our target for the year, and a 204 million board feet increase over 2018. Since its inception in 2012, the SLB has created more than 6.3 bbf of new demand, equivalent to an incremental $2.4 billion of revenue.
- For every $1 spent by the SLB in 2019, 106.5 board feet of incremental demand was generated.
- For 2019, the SLB delivered a total return on investment (ROI) of $37.90 for every $1 spent. The cumulative ROI average since 2012 is $25.22.
- The SLB has had a tremendous impact not only economically but also environmentally. The impact of 6.3 billion board feet in increased wood use is equivalent to taking 8 million cars off the road for a year.
Download the 2019 SLB Annual Report here.
Download the 2019 SLB Annual Report in French here.
If you would like a printed copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.