SLB Board Members and Softwood Lumber industry have taken the time to share their thoughts on the assessment increase and reflect on the SLB's impact in the industry.
The SLB recently published its Q2 2023 Report, detailing the SLB and its funded programs’ activities that outperformed on a wide number of measures while defending existing market share and making strategic investments that will help grow and diversify revenue streams.
Key highlights include:
- 454 MM BF of incremental demand generated, which has a carbon benefit of 1.3 MM metric tons of CO2 stored and avoided.
- The American Wood Council launched its Wood Sourcing Tool and is expanding its lifecycle inventory database to meet the growing demand for more specific regional and mill-level environmental product declarations and fiber sourcing data.
- Think Wood increased its overall content output by nearly 70% in Q2, translating to 636,327 marketing engagements—up 263% QoQ and +143% YoY.
- WoodWorks directly influenced 129 projects and indirectly influenced 329 projects in Q2. Combined, the projects represent 22.5 MM SF of impacted wood construction, 203 MM BF of incremental lumber, 45 MM BF of incremental engineered wood products, and 142 MM SF of incremental wood structural panels
- New accounts on the Wood Institute grew steadily and surged on an annualized basis by over 70%, owing to very strong performances in April and May. SLB Education completed three faculty development workshops benefitting 52 educators from 42 schools of architecture and engineering.
- New research reports from Forest Economic Advisors and Bully Pulpit Interactive provide critical insights including a better understanding of wood demand and public perceptions of wood when compared with competing materials, which will be used to remove barriers and grow new markets and building typologies.
For more detail, comprehensive program updates, and additional SLB news, view the Q2 2023 Report below. To share industry feedback or request that a printed report be mailed to you, please email us at email@example.com.